29 May Signs That You’re Ready for a Facelift
As we get older one of the first places we see ageing is in our face. Looking in the mirror at ourselves and then presenting ourselves to the world around us is something we do each and every day (well, unless it’s raining and it’s the weekend, and you’re spending the day in your pyjamas!). The lines around the outside of our eyes, in between our eyes, on our foreheads, around our noses and mouths; and the laxity in our skin that makes us feel like gravity is no longer on our side; can really affect your confidence and sense of self. Sometimes we feel there’s no other option to turn back the clock apart from having a facelift. A facelift can help you feel up to ten years younger, or more, with the right surgeon! Dr Bill Lyon is an experienced surgeon when it comes to facelift surgery and we take a look at signs you’re ready for a facelift.
There are several indications you might be ready for a facelift. These are:
- Loose, sagging tissues and skin
- Wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes, mouth or forehead (that no amount of fillers can keep up with!)
- The appearance of jowls (those drooping pockets of tissue and skin around the jawline)
- A deepening of the lines between the nose and the corner of the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Sagging skin on and around your jawline and neck area.
A facelift can also be combined with other procedures to give you the results you desire. These include:
- Neck lift (helps to pull up sagging neck skin)
- Blepharoplasty – an additional procedure focussing on the eyes may be required
- Liposuction – neck liposuction can help recontour one of our beauty determining features. facial liposuction can help to contour and remove pockets of fat.
- Fat transfer to areas that are volume depleted.
- The use of facial implants to help augment the chin or cheeks.
What age do you have a facelift?
A facelift is usually performed on women and men in their late 40’s up to the age of 75. These days the age range is changing. Many people in their 30’s and even in their 80’s are choosing to have the procedure.
If you think this surgery is for you, the next step is to arrange a consultation with your surgeon. During your consultation make sure they understand exactly what your goals are. Dr Bill Lyon has many years of experience performing facelift surgeries and says, “Each and every patient is different and has different concerns. It is essential that you communicate these concerns to your surgeon at your initial consultation. I discuss with all my patients exactly what it is they want to achieve with their facelift surgery and make sure they have realistic expectations about their results. Being able to help people regain their confidence and pride in their appearance from their facelift surgery is one of the most satisfying parts of my work.”
To find out more about facelift surgery or to arrange a consultation with Dr Bill Lyon you can contact his clinic on 1300 372 455.